Problem with profile photos

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Hi all,

First of all would like to say that Fishbowl is a great way to interact with Facebook, however I have noticed some odd behaviour with profile photos.  Should one of your friends not have set a profile photo yet it appears as though fishbowl arbitrarily selects a photo of another of your friends to represent them.  This can be quite confusing, is anyone able to verify that they see the same issue?

Thanks

Lee

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Yep, it's a known issue fixed in current builds and a regression from the earlier releases.  I'm trying to polish some of the new features that are currently checked in and we'll push out an update soon afterwards.

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:02 AM

I suppose it would be dangerous to hold my breath awaiting the aforementioned update.  The anticipation...

Trevor

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM

It may be a little dangerous.  One of the features for the new release is having more issues than I expected and is taking a while to work them all out.  If you're interested in trying the new version before it's published and aren't in a position where you can build from source feel free to contact me directly and I can send you a copy of what I currently have.

More generally it may be worth it to setup a release that I can update more frequently with incremental changes.  I'm generally trying to avoid pushing out updates too frequently and ensure that there's substance to the changes.  If we had a dev-build release then I can update it when some features are still slightly incomplete or when trying something new.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Just prompts me to get a wriggle on and download the source and built it - as I said ages ago I would do.  46365 now built and running here!

Trevor