Showing Post Counting

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Hi,

I downloaded fishbown a few hours ago and I can only say thank you and congratulations for making this really really useful program.

I have only seen 1 issue and two suggestions.

I've already posted the issue in the tracker, and the suggestions are to locate the program and to do a new posts count in the left's menu (like google reader) or when the program autoupdates the FB infos to be highlighted differently to know what news are newand what old.

I don't know if it's possible but it will be amazing if Fishbowl do that.

Congrats and Thanks for the app.

PS: Sorry if you don't understand something, but I'm spanish and I tried to explain the idea the best I know.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I'm glad you're enjoying the app.

With regard to your issue, do you mean in the system's jump lists?  The notifications within the app should have multiple links available, like "_Someone_ commented on your _link_" where both hyperlinks will go to the right place.  For notifications that get surfaced through the Win7 JumpLists I can only pick one, so I just default to the first one.

Having the app expose a notion of new vs. existing posts is useful.  It's a little tricky to tell what's really new so far as the user is concerned when the application is just showing the newsfeed; I mean I don't know when to mark a post as having been read.  But it's something we'll try to improve.

Thanks for the feedback.

Nov 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Thanks of replying so fast.

The notifications issue is inside the app. When you receive a notification from a post not yours but you have posted something it tells you "_User1_ posted in _comment_ from _User2_" or something like that. And when you click in the comment link it will be nice that the app focuses (or scroll) into that comment to see the whole conversation.

Thanks Again and keep doing this great job.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Ah, that makes sense.  I'm not sure Facebook gives enough information that I'd be able to tell which post to scroll to, but I'll add info to the bug and look into it.

Thanks!