Other Social Networks? o.Ô

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Hi,

I'm from Seville, Spain.

Browsing the Internet, I don't know how..., I've come across the Fishbowl website... I've downlaoded and tested it inmediately... 

So, first, I really want to thank the Project Members... Wonderful App

Now, i have to ask two forced questions (in my personal opinion):

1. What do the Team of the Project 'Fishbowl' think about integrating other Social Networks, like Twitter, LinkedIn, Tuenti,... into Fishbowl? I think it would be, if possible, better application than today it is! :D
  2. Does the Project need a Spanish Translator? I really want to participate with the Project. ('^^)

Thanks you very much. Greetings,

iSVQ

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Integration with other social networks is an idea that we considered and which I think would make for a very valuable application.  Right now it's outside the scope of Fishbowl.  We're trying to focus on only a few things and do them really well, and we still have a ways to go with the features we've already started.  We'll still consider adding other networks in a future version.

Right now the application isn't factored in a way that we can easily translate it.  We need to separate all displayable text in the code so we know what needs to be translated; it wasn't a goal when I was first working on it.  It's a bit more complicated because Facebook also thinks you're logged in with a specific locale and sometimes displays text in Fishbowl based on that (such as the login page or the notifications).  If we were to do translated versions we'd also want to integrate with that.

For the point we're at with Fishbowl you're participating just by using it :) Reporting bugs and issues and missing features like this is valuable for us to decide what what we need to fix or what to do next.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:32 AM
Edited Nov 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Hi again,

OK! ;) If in the future you have the intention of translating, please, don't hesitate to contact me (for the Spanish language). :D

I repeat, it's a big app!! ;-)

Thanks!