Feb 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM
After some experiments, I managed to compile the application from the source code..
Some tips for a quick compilation for future beginners..
1. Download the zip file containing the source code
2. Right click on the zip file -> properties -> click Unblock
* (at the bottom of the window ** )
3. Extract the files from the zip folder
4. Open solution
5. There's a window poping up, asking "Do you want to permanently remove the source control bindings from the projects?"
Click YES ***
6. Open solution "FacebookClient.sln" with Visual Studio
7. On the right, at the Solution Explorer -> right click on "Fishbowl" -> "Set as StartUp Project" -> again click on "Fishbowl" -> "Add reference" -> OK
8. Press F5
9. Enjoy, and thank the developers that made this great open source app :)
** there's a message "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"
The above steps solve the following problems you confront, when you simply extract files and try to compile
"the project location is not trusted"
"the source control provider associated with this solution could not be found.. blah blah"
Hope this helped :)